Kim P. Carlson
Marysville, WA 98270
It is my desire to help my organization and my team members succeed. I strive to be outstanding in everything I do.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- I have been in the accounting field since 1980
- Extensive experience with audit preparation, both financial and tax
- Highly focused on the balance sheet
- Expert with treasury / banking management
- Very proficient with QuickBooks and complex Excel functions
Senior Accountant 10/2007 – 6/2013
Coldwell Banker Bain (for Rainier Title & Escrow), Everett, WA
- Engaged as a reconciliation expert to correct more than two years of inaccurate bank reconciliations, creating a new position of Escrow Accountant.
- Saved the company many hundreds of thousands of dollars by correcting errors and preventing fraud.
- Served as Escrow banking administrator, and oversaw several bank transitions and software transitions, both title & escrow software and accounting software.
- Assumed duties of CFO and ran the accounting department, including financial statements and incentive calculations, during a change in department management.
Controller & Webmaster 3/1998 – 9/2007
American Freedom Group / Veteran Mortgage, Everett, WA (out of business)
- Responsible for all accounting duties for a start-up mortgage company.
- In-house payroll and taxes, financial statements, and commission calculations.
- Licensed the company to operate and do payroll in 12 states.
- Helped set up 60 branches, and prepared their daily commissions via ACH debit.
- Audited mortgage files for accuracy and fraud prevention.
Executive Director and Board Member 3/2002 – Present
Volunteers for Outdoor Washington, Seattle, WA
- Six months after first volunteering, I was elected to the Board of Directors as Treasurer to complete the term of the former member in that role.
- Elected to two terms as President.
- During this time, I assisted the Executive Director with his accounting duties, and prepared the annual Form 990.
- Hired (part-time, weekends) as Executive Director. I do all of the accounting, prepare financial statements for Board Meetings, and do all tax filings.
Owner – Accounting Service 1/1984 – Present
Accountech, Marysville, WA
- Client bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and tax work.
- From start-up companies to initial public offerings, simple bank reconciliations to complex financial statements and taxes.
- Audit preparation expert.
Other Employment History
2001 to Present — Webmaster, Be the Star You Are!® Literacy charity
2000 to March 2002 — Controller, Century 21 Advantage, Lynnwood
1999 to 2004 — Webmaster, Veteran Realty Services, Inc., Everett
1999 to March 2002 — Controller, Advantage Mortgage Group, Inc., Everett
1989 to 1996 — Volunteer, Boy Scouts of America, Leadership training, Fundraising chair
1982 to 1983 — Retail sales, Pipelane, Ltd., Northgate Mall, Seattle
1981 to 1983 — Full-charge Bookkeeper, Datavue Corporation, Seattle
1980 to 1981 — Full-charge Bookkeeper, Sound Technical Services, Seattle
1980—General Office, Benson & McLaughlin, CPAs, Seattle
1979—General Office, Ederer Cranes, Seattle
1978—Insurance Agent Clerk, Farmer’s Ins., Oceanside, CA
1977—Cashier, Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlour, Seattle
2013—America’s Professor — Study course leading to Health Insurance License
2002-2003—Kaplan College — Certification in Financial Planning
2000—Certified Bookkeeper study course
1999—Escrow Funding & Standards Course & Basics of Mortgage Lending course,
School of Mortgage Lending, Bellevue
1990—ACCPAC Plus Implementation Training Course, Bellevue
1984-1986—Training and mentoring with CPAs for audit preparation skills
1983—Assisted spouse with CPA Exam Study Course
1980-1981—Part-time student, Highline Community College, Seattle
Course of study: Computer Programming
1976-1977—Full-time student, Highline Community College, Seattle
Course of study: Biology & Chemistry
1976—Honors Graduate, Highline High School, Seattle
SKILLS AND AWARDS
- Very experienced with Microsoft Office software, and multiple accounting softwares
- Experienced managing large groups of volunteers
- Experienced with major fund-raising campaigns, and grant-writing assistance
- Notary Public
- 1995 recipient of the Den Leader of the Year Award, Mt. Baker Council, BSA
- 1996 recipient of the District Award of Merit, Mt. Baker Council, BSA
- 2010 recipient of the Volunteer of the Year Award, Volunteers for Outdoor Washington